Celebrate ‘Joie de Vivre’ at the 22nd Alliance Française French Film Festival! Showcasing 46 new films in the 2011 line-up, the festival kicks off in Sydney on March 8th, before touring Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth and Adelaide until April 2011.
Encompassing crime, drama, love, comedy, suspense, historical events, and fascinating documentaries, the festival offers a ‘fête’ for Cinephiles and Francophiles alike. Featuring a galaxy of French and international stars from Sophie Marceau, Isabelle Huppert, Marion Cotillard, François Cluzet, Catherine Deneuve, Gérard Depardieu, Cécile De France, Lambert Wilson, Jean Reno, Virginie Ledoyen, Jean Dujardin, Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi and Audrey Tautou to Kristin Scott Thomas, Nathalie Baye, Sandrine Kiberlain, Daniel Auteuil, Patrick Bruel, Ludivine Sagnier, Fabrice Luchini, Jacques Gamblin and Mathieu Amalric, the festival program ranges from opening night comedy Potiche to acclaimed crime epic Carlos, with all manner of movies on offer in between.
The 2011 AFFFF dates are:
- Sydney: 8 – 27 March
- Melbourne: 9 – 27 March
- Brisbane: 16 March – 3 April
- Canberra: 16 March – 3 April
- Perth: 23 March – 10 April
- Adelaide: 23 March – 10 April
We have five double passes to give away to the festival, with each valid for Monday to Thursday screenings (excluding opening and closing nights, public holidays and special events) in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth only. To be in the running, all you have to do is:
- Subscribe to our newsletter! It only goes out once a month, so we promise not to spam you. (If you already subscribe, you don’t need to do so again). Click here to sign up.
- Fill out the form below with the name of one of the stars featured at the Alliance Française French Film Festival. (Hint: The answer is in this post). Please include your name, contact email and postal address so we can mail the tickets to you as soon as possible!
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS TO ALL ENTRANTS.
Important: You must answer all the questions to be eligible. To ensure people do not have an unfair advantage by entering multiple times, only 1 entry per person will be accepted. Every entry is looked at and if duplicate/suspicious entries are found you will automatically be disqualified. This competition is only open to residents of Australia, although the tickets are only valid for for Monday to Thursday screenings (excluding opening and closing nights, public holidays and special events) at the Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth legs of the event. You will be responsible for making your own way to the venue.
The competition closes Thursday 10 March 2011, so make sure you get your entry in!
Privacy Note: The Reel Bits / DVD Bits takes the privacy of its readers very seriously. Your email address will be not be used for any other purpose other than to enter the competition. Upon completion all email addresses will be deleted. If you do not wish to continue receiving the newsletter after the competition closes, you will be given the option to opt out.
Terms & Conditions
- The Reel Bits / DVD Bits and the Alliance Française French Film Festival take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.
- While all attempts are made to supply prizes at the completion of a competition, no responsibility will be held by The Reel Bits / DVD Bits to supply prizes if for unseen circumstances they are not available.
- Staff of this site and other DVD/film websites and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- No responsibility will be taken for any entries that may have been lost. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.