To celebrate the release of 13 ASSASSINS, available 11 January 2012 on DVD and Blu-ray in Australia, The Reel Bits together with Icon Film Distribution Home Entertainment is offering you the chance to win one of 3 Blu-ray copies of the film from maestro director Takashi Miike.
Japan, 1844. Lord Naritsugu Matsudaira, the Shogun’s illegitimate brother, is rising to power – but when his tyranny runs rampant, secret plans are laid to end his reign and his life. Veteran samurai Shinzaemon Shimada (Koji Yakusho from Memoirs of a Geisha and Babel) is charged with assassinating Naritsugu and puts together a small band who agree to lay down their lives to ensure their nation’s future. Facing danger and impossible odds, the 13 assassins set a trap for the sadistic Lord in a remote village…but an army of samurai dedicated to protecting Naritsugu now stand in their way.
Takashi Miike, the director responsible for such uncompromising and unforgettable movies as Audition and Ichi the Killer, indelibly stamps his trademark style on the classic Samurai genre with this unforgettable remake of Eiichi Kudo’s (1963) Jûsan-Nin No Shikaku that is hailed as “One of the greatest films you will see all year (Ain’t It Cool)”.
Available 11 January 2012 on Blu-ray and DVD
We have 3 Blu-ray copies to give away of 13 ASSASSINS, now available from Icon Film Distribution Home Entertainment. To be in the running, all you have to do is:
- Subscribe to our newsletter and ‘Like Us’ on Facebook! The newsletter only goes out once a fortnight, so we promise not to spam you. (If you already subscribe, you don’t need to do so again). Click here to sign up. It’s not too much to ask is it?
- Fill out the form below with the name of the director of 13 ASSASSINS. (Hint: The answer is in this post). Please include your name, contact email and postal address so we can mail the prize to you as soon as possible!
Important: You must answer all the questions to be eligible. To ensure people do not have an unfair advantage by entering multiple times, only 1 entry per person will be accepted. Every entry is looked at and if duplicate/suspicious entries are found you will automatically be disqualified. This competition is only open to residents of Australia, and Blu-rays are encoded for Region B.
The competition closes Sunday 22 January 2012, so make sure you get your entry in!
Privacy Note: The Reel Bits / DVD Bits takes the privacy of its readers very seriously. Your email address will be not be used for any other purpose other than to enter the competition. Upon completion all email addresses will be deleted. If you do not wish to continue receiving the newsletter after the competition closes, you will be given the option to opt out.
- The Reel Bits / DVD Bits and Icon take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.
- While all attempts are made to supply prizes at the completion of a competition, no responsibility will be held by The Reel Bits / DVD Bits and Icon to supply prizes if for unseen circumstances they are not available.
- Staff of this site and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to enter this competition, or have parents or guardians permission.
- No responsibility will be taken for any entries that may have been lost. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.