To celebrate the release of BBC’s dark comedy thriller Mad Dogs on DVD in Australia, Roadshow Entertainment together with The Reel Bits is giving readers a chance to win one of 5 DVD copies to what the Sunday Express described as having “one of the best starts to a thriller…on TV for years”.
It sounded like an invitation too good to be true: an all expenses-paid trip to their friend Alvo’s luxury villa in Majorca, complete with sun, pool and all the champagne they can drink. But soon after old college buddies Quinn, Woody, Baxter and Rick arrive, they find themselves stuck in the holiday from hell. Alvo was never the easiest man to get along with, but now there’s a new edginess to his jokes. Past tensions and resentments begin to resurface. And it seems he’s made some powerful enemies…
Before they know it, the boys have stolen a boat, disposed of a body and are caught in the middle of a major drugs deal. These are not master criminals; they’re just four ordinary guys, totally out of their depth – forced into doing crazy things fuelled by fear and adrenaline – in this horrifying and unfamiliar world. Will the four of them get out of there alive, or are they just digging themselves deeper and deeper into an enormous mess?
A stylish dark comedy thriller filmed on location in the beautiful Mediterranean, Mad Dogs combines the rich characters and subversive black humour of Fargo with the emotional pressure-cooker atmosphere of Sexy Beast.
We have 5 DVD copies to give away of Mad Dogs, now available from Roadshow Entertainment. To be in the running, all you have to do is:
- Subscribe to our newsletter and/or ‘Like Us’ on Facebook! The newsletter only goes out once a fortnight, so we promise not to spam you. (If you already subscribe, you don’t need to do so again). Click here to sign up. It’s not too much to ask is it?
- Fill out the form below with the name of a character in Mad Dogs. (Hint: The answer is in this post). Please include your name, contact email and postal address so we can mail the prize to you as soon as possible!
Important: You must answer all the questions to be eligible. To ensure people do not have an unfair advantage by entering multiple times, only 1 entry per person will be accepted. Every entry is looked at and if duplicate/suspicious entries are found you will automatically be disqualified. This competition is only open to residents of Australia, and Blu-rays are encoded for Region B.
The competition closes Wednesday 29 May 2012, so make sure you get your entry in!
Privacy Note: The Reel Bits takes the privacy of its readers very seriously. Your email address will be not be used for any other purpose other than to enter the competition. Upon completion all email addresses will be deleted. If you do not wish to continue receiving the newsletter after the competition closes, you will be given the option to opt out.
- The Reel Bits and Roadshow take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.
- While all attempts are made to supply prizes at the completion of a competition, no responsibility will be held by The Reel Bits / DVD Bits and Roadshow to supply prizes if for unseen circumstances they are not available.
- Staff of this site and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to enter this competition, or have parents or guardians permission.
- No responsibility will be taken for any entries that may have been lost. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.