During the final bloody days of white rule in South Africa photographer Greg Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe) sets out to capture the best and most horrific pictures of his life. During his time in turbulent Soweto he meets Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), and a team of photographers, working for national newspaper The Star, along with Picture Editor Robin (Malin Akerman).
The four men become known as The Bang Bang Club. As the chaos intensifies so do the pictures, with Greg winning a Pulitzer Prize for an image of a Zulu man on fire. With tension and violence increasing between Government and Rebels, the four men have to decide how much they are willing to sacrifice in pursuit of the perfect shot. Written and directed by the Emmy winning writer and producer of Gerrie & Louise, Steven Silver, The Bang Bang Club is the gripping story of the final demise of apartheid and the birth of a new South Africa.
ON DVD FROM MAY 11
We have 5 Blu-ray copies to give away of THE BANG BANG CLUB. To be in the running, all you have to do is:
- Subscribe to our newsletter and ‘Like Us’ on Facebook! The newsletter only goes out once a fortnight, so we promise not to spam you. (If you already subscribe or Like, you don’t need to do so again). Click here to sign up. It’s not too much to ask is it?
- Fill out the form below and tell us the name of one of the stars of THE BANG BANG CLUB. Please include your name, contact email and postal address so we can mail the tickets to you as soon as possible!
Important: You must answer all the questions to be eligible. To ensure people do not have an unfair advantage by entering multiple times, only 1 entry per person will be accepted. Every entry is looked at and if duplicate/suspicious entries are found you will automatically be disqualified. This competition is only open to residents of Australia. Blu-rays are encoded Region B.
The competition closes Friday 25 May 2012 so make sure you get your entry in!
Privacy Note: The Reel Bits takes the privacy of its readers very seriously. Your email address will be not be used for any other purpose other than to enter the competition or to notify vendor of winners for prize distribution. Upon completion all email addresses will be deleted. If you do not wish to continue receiving the newsletter after the competition closes, you will be given the option to opt out.
Terms & Conditions
- The Reel Bits and Pinnacle Films take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.
- While all attempts are made to supply prizes at the completion of a competition, no responsibility will be held by The Reel Bits and Pinnacle Films to supply prizes if for unseen circumstances they are not available.
- Staff of this site and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- You must be at least 15 years of age to enter this competition, or have parents or guardians permission.
- No responsibility will be taken for any entries that may have been lost. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.