Variant covers may be the bane of a collector’s existence, or their favourite thing in the world, but one thing we can all get behind is a variant cover for a good cause. We are thrilled that Marvel are doing something special this month. So don’t adjust your monitors, because Iron Man, the Cap and even Wolverine (along with the rest of the Marvel U) are going pink for charity. These are some variants we heartily suggest you invest in.
Marvel Entertainment and Susan G. Komen for the Cure® are proud to reveal the complete lineup of all-new covers and the original advertorial that will be released in October to commemorate National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Throughout the month of October, the world’s most popular super heroes—Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Wolverine and more—will be featured on all-new variant covers with special pink-colored costumes available exclusively at comic shops*.
Additionally, Marvel is proud to unveil a special one page advertorial running throughout its super hero comics in October to raise awareness of breast cancer in men. This advertorial will also be featured on www.marvel.comand distributed via social media channels.
The following comic books, on-sale in October, will feature special Susan G. Komen variant covers:
- AVENGERS #31 KOMEN VARIANT by Pasqual Ferry & Chris Sotomayor [on sale 10/10]
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #18 KOMEN VARIANT by Dale Keown & Frank D’Armata [on sale 10/10]
- CAPTAIN MARVEL #5 KOMEN VARIANT by Joe Quiñones [on sale 10/107]
- FANTASTIC FOUR #611 KOMEN VARIANT by John Tyler Christopher [on sale 10/10]
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #526 KOMEN VARIANT by Paul Renaud [on sale 10/10]
- THE MIGHTY THOR #21 KOMEN VARIANT by Mike Perkins & Sonia Oback [on sale 10/17]
- UNCANNY X-MEN #20 KOMEN VARIANT by David Marquez & Chris Sotomayor [on sale 10/17]
- WOLVERINE #315 KOMEN VARIANT by Ben Ang & Edgar Delgado [on sale 10/24]\