The Queensland Premiere and Minister for the Arts, Annastacia Palaszczuk has announced that one lucky Australian will win a walk-on role on Marvel Studios’ forthcoming THOR: RAGNAROK! Currently being shot in Queensland, the winner would receive a walk-on-role in the movie, backstage access and a Gold Coast holiday with three friends as part of a promotion between Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) and The Today Show.
“The winner will see the making of a Hollywood blockbuster and the brand new super stage, the largest of its kind in the southern hemisphere, which the Government invested in and is being used for the very first time for this movie,” stated Palaszczuk. “This promotion and working with studios such as Marvel to ensure Thor was exclusively filmed in Queensland is a great opportunity to showcase our state and boost the economy.”
THOR: RAGNAROK is being shot by New Zealand director Taika Waititi (What We Do in the Shadows, Hunt for the Wilderpeople). It will be released in Australia on 26 October 2017, and on 3 November 2017 in the US, by Disney.
The winner will receive the following:
- 4 x return airfares from any Australian capital city.
- 5 x nights’ accommodation (apartment style) on the Gold Coast for four people.
- Transfers to and from Village Roadshow Studios.
- 4 x backstage access on set.
- 1 x walk-on-role (extra) in Thor: Ragnarok.
How to enter
- Entries open Monday 29 August 2016 and close Friday 4 September 2016.
- Log on to http://thorcompetition.hscampaigns.com/ (external site) and fill out the entry form: Tell us in 25 words or less what your favourite Thor moment is and why.
- Entrants must be 16 years and over.
- The winner will be announced on Friday 9 September 2016.