Fancy yourself a filmmaker? Ubisoft has announced a new international short film competition, ‘The Watch_Dogs Film Fest’, offering filmmakers a chance to kickstart their career by showcasing their work to renown director, Louis Leterrier, who brought The Transporter, The Incredible Hulk and Now You See Me to the big screen. It’s all to promote the forthcoming release of WATCH DOGS 2, out on 15 November for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Windows PC.
The only rules* for the contestant is to involve a smartphone in their video, video length must be between 5 seconds and not exceed 5 minutes. This is a fun and creative opportunity for gamers, fans, students or young directors to express their creativity and share them to the rest of the world! Participating is simple:
- Step 1:Create your video
- Step 2: Upload the Watch_Dogs Film Fest website and share it everywhere!
- Step 3:Wait for the votes!
To reward people from their creativity, 3 international prizes will be awarded as well as 8 local prizes awarded by local famous content creators:
- Grand Jury prize:50 000€ (approx. $73,000 AUD) & 2 tickets for Assassin’s Creed movie premiere
- Jury “Coup de Coeur” prize:10 000€ (approx. $14,600 AUD), 2 tickets for Assassin’s Creed movie premiere, a PS4®Pro, the Watch_Dogs 2 – The Return of Dedsec Collector’s Case and, one Parrot Bebop 2.
- Public vote prize:5 000€ (approx. $7,300 AUD), one WATCH DOGS 2 PlayStation 4 Bundle, one Parrot Bebop 2 and one Parrot Jumping Sumo.
- Influencer prize:one Watch Dogs 2 PlayStation 4 Bundle, one Parrot Bebop 2 and one Parrot Jumping Sumo, per content creator.
The judging panel consists of Louis Leterrier – International film director, Thomas Geffroyd – Brand Content Director on WATCH DOGS 2, Jonathan Morin – Creative Director on Watch Dogs 2, and YouTubers FilmDice representing Australia.
*Further information about Watch Dogs Film Fest (including the complete contest and sweepstake rules) can be found at http://watchdogs.com/filmfest.
For further information about Watch Dogs 2, please visit: watchdogs2.com